State Cost-share Program (IFIP)
50% cost-share is available up to $10,000 to build terraces. Producers need to come into the Cass County SWCD to inquire about this program.
- Applications must be approved prior to starting work.
- Cost-share will be allocated on a first come-first serve basis, up to $10,000 in cost-share per landowner.
- Cost-share will be estimated and agreed upon in writing between the office and the landowner.
- Tenant can only sign for landowner if Cass County SWCD has a state power of attorney document on file.
- Landowner is only guaranteed up to 50% of the estimated or eligible cost, whichever is less.
- $10,000 district limit applies to all payments.
- Cass County SWCD approves all payments & maintenance agreements.
- Applicants applying as an entity (corporation, trust, partnership, etc.) must have Entity documents at the time of signup.
- Click here for the FARMS Assistance Application.